Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMSgt Board Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SMSgt Board Question

Anyone know if the board will see the DVR, or do they only see the evaluation brief?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: SMSgt Board Question

Contents of the folder:
    1. All EPRs (Performance Reports) for the past ten years. 2. Citations for all decorations. 3. Senior NCO Evaluation Brief. 4. Article 15 - If applicable and determined to be filed by appropriate commander. 5. Record of Courts-martial. 6. AF Form 77, Letter of Evaluation, for breaks in service, EPR appeals, administrative correction, etc.

The eval brief is similar to the DVR and has changed over time. The number of college degrees, deployment history, method of PME are three changes that come to my retired mind. The thing to do is to go onto PRADA and make sure your folder contains all the docs that show up on your DVR (front & back of 10yr's EPRS, medal citations). Too many records are missing a document and could severely impact the board score.

When I made SMSgt, I got an email from the MPF stating that my record was missing an AFAM certificate I received as a SSgt. I had 5 days to present a copy of the citation or my line number would be voided. And I had made it by more than one point.

Keep your own set of records. When I retired I burned everything onto a CD just as a backup.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    Contents of the folder:
    1. All EPRs (Performance Reports) for the past ten years. 2. Citations for all decorations. 3. Senior NCO Evaluation Brief. 4. Article 15 - If applicable and determined to be filed by appropriate commander. 5. Record of Courts-martial. 6. AF Form 77, Letter of Evaluation, for breaks in service, EPR appeals, administrative correction, etc.

The eval brief is similar to the DVR and has changed over time. The number of college degrees, deployment history, method of PME are three changes that come to my retired mind. The thing to do is to go onto PRADA and make sure your folder contains all the docs that show up on your DVR (front & back of 10yr's EPRS, medal citations). Too many records are missing a document and could severely impact the board score.

When I made SMSgt, I got an email from the MPF stating that my record was missing an AFAM certificate I received as a SSgt. I had 5 days to present a copy of the citation or my line number would be voided. And I had made it by more than one point.

Keep your own set of records. When I retired I burned everything onto a CD just as a backup.
    Thanks, Chief. The reason I ask is, I attended another service's SNCO academy (after my EPR closed but before my PECD), and was hoping the board would see. I'm guessing they won't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    Thanks, Chief. The reason I ask is, I attended another service's SNCO academy (after my EPR closed but before my PECD), and was hoping the board would see. I'm guessing they won't.
    If you attended before PECD, they should see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    If you attended before PECD, they should see it.
    They'll see SNCOA complete, same as they would have before he went in-residence. (because of Course 14) Unless you win an award and it reflects in your EPR, the board will never know if you went in-residence to any SNCOA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    Anyone know if the board will see the DVR, or do they only see the evaluation brief?
    I would answer but it's a test compromise.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    Contents of the folder:

Why keep the information in retirement?
    Never. Let there be no misunderstanding...I am the master baiter around here. --BRUWIN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponsTSGT View Post
    How else is he going to be appointed Chief of the Commissary Blue Angels? Conspiring to block aisles since 1948.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When you retire....you will need a strong resume to land a civilian job. I used all the data in EPRs, Decs, Awards, etc.... and sent this info to a company who specializes in military to civilian transition.

Example: If Boeing was looking for a 30-line 1206 I could knock it out of the park and land a top executive position. I spent years learning how to write AF style but it just don't cut it in the civilian sector.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's called proof of service. What proof is there that I served at base X during time period Y??? Do you trust the government enough that their records are complete and accurate? With all the complaining on this forum directed at the personnel and finance world I figured it was obvious. Look in the back of any veteran's publication, all the notifications posted by veterans to confirm their service at a certain place and time.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"